Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2)

+4
Lazydash
lordcruxis
Ruthalas_
Rainbow Wavedash
8 posters

Go down

Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2) Empty Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2)

Post  Ruthalas_ Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Hello forum denizens!

I am nearly finished playing through most of the content in the current demo ("Time & Again"), and thought I would start off a discussion thread for it.

Below are my thoughts organized into categories. Feel free to add your own thoughts as well!

(Disclaimer: Obviously this is a demo and not a completed product. My notes on typos and glitches aren't complaints, they are simply there to make the developer aware of issues that they may not have been aware of. If you want to avoid my nitpicking, don't expand those categories!  Very Happy )

There is probably something spoiler-y below.
My Favorite Bits:

My Favorite Quotes:

Typos:

Glitches:

Questions:

Overall (my wife and) I thought it was great!
I'm really enjoying how the devs are handling it, and am excited to see how it grows!
Ruthalas_
Ruthalas_

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2) Empty Re: Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2)

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Typos:
Questions:

Noted the glitches. We're actually aware of all three. Again. Time constraints.

Thanks for the feedback!
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2) Empty Re: Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2)

Post  Ruthalas_ Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:We subscribe to the characters don't always speak proper engilsh line of thinking.
Ah, I just kind of assumed Rosalyn would be the most likely to use correct spelling, etc.
Good to know!

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:The flair click-to-continue indicators are just for girls who have routes.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the information.

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:50 isn't enough? I bumped it up from 25, but I'll look into infinite.
I'm a completion-ist, and tend to save frequently.
I would be very appreciative if you gave us the option of infinite saves. ^.^

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:Indeed. It's how Ren'Py labels them. I tried to figure out how to change that, but I didn't have enough time before the demo launch.

-

Noted the glitches. We're actually aware of all three. Again. Time constraints.

Thanks for the feedback!
No problem! I hope some part of it is helpful. Definitely let us know if there is other sorts of feedback that would be of aid.
I want to be of as much help as possible.

Thank you for the thorough response Wavedash.
Ruthalas_
Ruthalas_

Back to top Go down

Post  lordcruxis Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Thanks for all the Rosalyn stuff, looking forward to the finished product :3

Send my regards to her writer(s).

Please hurry though, you gave me a sample and now I'm gonna be in withdrawal until it comes out. :c

lordcruxis
lordcruxis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazydash Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

From just seeing the desktop backgrounds my internal route order was    RarityRoslyn>ApplejackAnne>FluttershyFaith>RainbowdashRobin>PinkiePolly>TwilightTai

Then in the first demo it was Robin>Anne>Faith>Tai>Roslyn>Polly

Now the second demo came out, and its all changed again. Roslyn>Anne>Polly>Faith>Tai>Robin

In all seriousness though, I really enjoyed the second demo. It felt like a real game.
Lazydash
Lazydash

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampulina93 Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Okay, so I remember reading that  Tom's personality and opinions are decided depending on the choices you make, I think that's neat and I think there were a few of this kind of choice in the demo (e.g. who is prettier in 'Drinking Games'). The choice I wanted to comment on is one you get to make very late in the demo, whether to look for someone to bother or not.

At the time of choosing I felt that there were not much difference between the two, either find some random person to talk to or wait for some random person to talk to you. Later I thought that it might be one of the 'personality'-choices, Tom is either outgoing which draws Polly to him or comfortable alone which draws Roselyn to him.

Now it could just be me interpreting the choice that way, other might have thought the options very different from each other but they seemed alike to me at the time of choosing. I did, as I said, 'figure it out' later but that was... well, later. After I made the choice.

A suggestion I have which might solve this, and could be a nifty thing overall, is to have expanded option text akin to what Dreamfall: Chapters did. (Sorry about the large picture)

example:

Basically have extra text appear on mouseover where Tom can elaborate and explain what the choice will mean. You could use the dialog box for this since it is empty during choices IIRC.

I understand if this would be a lot of work, especially from a programming standpoint, just wanted to put it out there.

Hampulina93

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:17 pm

no sonic the hedgehog paths -1/10 do not recommend
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHockeyGamer Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Nighty wrote:no sonic the hedgehog paths -1/10 do not recommend

FINALLY someone explains my problem with this game
TheHockeyGamer
TheHockeyGamer

https://www.youtube.com/user/hardysforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampulina93 Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 am

TheHockeyGamer wrote:

Could someone explain what "sonic the hedgehog paths" are? Is it about my suggestion?

Hampulina93

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHockeyGamer Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Hampulina93 wrote:
TheHockeyGamer wrote:

Could someone explain what "sonic the hedgehog paths" are? Is it about my suggestion?

Thoughts on: "Time & Again" (Demo 2) I_drew_sanic_hegehog_by_andyparka-d44xhhu
gotta go fast
TheHockeyGamer
TheHockeyGamer

https://www.youtube.com/user/hardysforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:36 am

Hampulina93 wrote:Okay, so I remember reading that  Tom's personality and opinions are decided depending on the choices you make, I think that's neat and I think there were a few of this kind of choice in the demo (e.g. who is prettier in 'Drinking Games'). The choice I wanted to comment on is one you get to make very late in the demo, whether to look for someone to bother or not.

At the time of choosing I felt that there were not much difference between the two, either find some random person to talk to or wait for some random person to talk to you. Later I thought that it might be one of the 'personality'-choices, Tom is either outgoing which draws Polly to him or comfortable alone which draws Roselyn to him.

Now it could just be me interpreting the choice that way, other might have thought the options very different from each other but they seemed alike to me at the time of choosing. I did, as I said, 'figure it out' later but that was... well, later. After I made the choice.

A suggestion I have which might solve this, and could be a nifty thing overall, is to have expanded option text akin to what Dreamfall: Chapters did. (Sorry about the large picture)

example:

Basically have extra text appear on mouseover where Tom can elaborate and explain what the choice will mean. You could use the dialog box for this since it is empty during choices IIRC.

I understand if this would be a lot of work, especially from a programming standpoint, just wanted to put it out there.
That particular one, you overthunk. It just changes who you run into. You don't get points towards that girl's route just by running into them.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stopreplay Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 pm

I ran through the Time and Again demo a feel times and I feel that all of the sprites (besides Polly) are kinda static. For example, the sprite for Tai always have her hands behind her back and never changing her pose. Polly is a lot more varied with different poses. I like to see sprites with different poses. Keep up the good work.

stopreplay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down