Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Forum!

4 posters

Go down

Hello Forum! Empty Hello Forum!

Post  Hampulina93 Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Been following the project since around the Tom reveal I think. Never played a VN before but the second demo has got me hooked so I thought I would join up here. Wasn't hooked from the first demo but I reckon that is due to the lack of choices and my unfamiliarity with VNs. I also played "Pretty" when that was released, liked it!

Anyway, hi!

Hampulina93

Back to top Go down

Hello Forum! Empty Re: Hello Forum!

Post  Nighty Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Hello and welcome to Starswirl! \o/ I've been here since before the first demo, and this forum's always been super quiet. Nice to see some more faces coming in from the new demo though.
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHockeyGamer Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:55 am

Welcome to Starswirl! I hope you stick around!

Nighty wrote:...this forum's always been super quiet.

Not anymore!
Hello Forum! 291
TheHockeyGamer
TheHockeyGamer

https://www.youtube.com/user/hardysforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampulina93 Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:26 am

Yes, I have visited these forums a few times and hopefully they will get more active because of the demo.

Hampulina93

Back to top Go down

Post  gekiganwing Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:41 am

Hampulina93 wrote:Been following the project since around the Tom reveal I think. Never played a VN before but the second demo has got me hooked so I thought I would join up here...

Do you have time and an interest in trying other visual novels? *If* you are curious, and if you think that you might enjoy a few more, then consider the following:

1. Browse the r/visualnovelsuggest sub-Reddit. Read at least a few topics, especially the New to VNs? Start here! sticky. If you have questions afterwards, then ask away. I think you'll benefit by being specific. State things such as...

* What sort of stories do you like? What stories have you enjoyed in terms of general video games, television, comics, movies, and books?
* Do you have a favorite art style? If it helps, provide examples or pictures.
* What level of content do you prefer? If you want to avoid visual novels that include violence, horror, fictional racism, or on-screen sex scenes, then be sure to say so.
* Since you read both the Starswirl Academy demo and Pretty, I take it that you're not adverse to using a computer for games and entertainment. But do you prefer to use a computer, a console, or some other device?
* Anything else relevant. For example, if you don't want to deal with translation patches, or if you want to avoid DRM, then state that outright.

2. Read some reviews. I took a few minutes to remind myself which sites are still active. Here's what I found...

* Hobbyhovel only has a few detailed reviews. But you might want to look over their top "A-List" recommendations and then their secondary "B-List" recommendations. Just about everything they mentioned is translated, along with one or two written in English.
* Some of Rockmandash's Reviews are visual novels, while others are animation or general games. That said, the person focuses on translated VNs.
* The Geek Clinic has only reviewed three visual novels. However, they have an article that briefly discusses some of their favorite titles.
* Maybe over half of what Amaterasu Blog has reviewed is untranslated. The site might not be all that helpful, but it could let you understand what's notable about some (fan) translated titles.
* I was surprised how many Tumblr posts are tagged with visual novel review. If you're interested in seeing what these individual people have to say about freeware as well as commercial VNs, then consider browsing through the results.

Last edited by gekiganwing on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : formating error)
gekiganwing
gekiganwing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down