Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few opinions on the character art.

3 posters

Go down

A few opinions on the character art. Empty A few opinions on the character art.

Post  Potentialing Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:44 am

Hi, I figured I should speak up for a friend of mine, as well as myself, so we could voice our opinions on the character art. I am basing this reasoning off of the promotional teaser art. (Great drawings, by the way. I squee everytime I see them.)

We love the character art, no doubt, though there were a few things that irked us that I thought we should to mention:

• He is not a fan of the short Twilight hair. My own speculation is that both are included in the story, but he thinks that the short hair is "very tomboyish". Take that as you will, we don't know the whole story.
  • Pinkie Pie could have slightly longer hair. It's a tad too short, in our opinion.
  • Rainbow Dash's collar is buttoned up, unlike Applejack's. If anybody, shouldn't Rainbow Dash be the one with the open collar? Speaking of Rainbow Dash, is it me, or are her eyes a bit jagged in the teaser picture?
  • I noticed that Applejack is wearing a different uniform, most likely implying that she is the oldest amongst them all. I'm pretty curious-shouldn't Fluttershy be older as well?

I don't mean for you guys to take this criticism harshly, though I thought I'd drop second opinions before it's too late. Regardless you decide to change them or not, I want to thank you for hearing us out.
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

A few opinions on the character art. Empty Re: A few opinions on the character art.

Post  EggtasticTaco Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I believe that they said the teaser wasn't in any way a final product, and that they would probably be changing it later on. They'll probably have to, anyways, since as the stories develop differently, they'll probably need a new art form, depending.

Though I'm not really one to post on behalf of Starswirl. Just making conjecture.
EggtasticTaco
EggtasticTaco

Back to top Go down

A few opinions on the character art. Empty Re: A few opinions on the character art.

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Potentialing wrote:
  • He is not a fan of the short Twilight hair. My own speculation is that both are included in the story, but he thinks that the short hair is "very tomboyish". Take that as you will, we don't know the whole story.
You'll see Twilight's (mostly) final character design very soon. EDIT: OH LOOK AT THAT!

Potentialing wrote:
  • Pinkie Pie could have slightly longer hair. It's a tad too short, in our opinion.
  • Pinkie's hair got the most response for that teaser image. It's already been changed up, though the design is still probably going to have a few more revisions.

Potentialing wrote:
  • Rainbow Dash's collar is buttoned up, unlike Applejack's. If anybody, shouldn't Rainbow Dash be the one with the open collar?
  • Possibly, but Dash is more comfortable in her gym uniform anyway...

Potentialing wrote:Speaking of Rainbow Dash, is it me, or are her eyes a bit jagged in the teaser picture?
    The game assets are redrawn from scratch, not copied off of the teaser image. If there's any wonkiness, it won't be there in the finished product.

Potentialing wrote:
  • I noticed that Applejack is wearing a different uniform, most likely implying that she is the oldest amongst them all.
  • AJ isn't wearing a different uniform, she's breaking the dress code.

Potentialing wrote:I'm pretty curious-shouldn't Fluttershy be older as well?
    They're all in the same year of school, though they may not be the same ages.

I'm feeling talkative today, apparently. Razz
    Rainbow Wavedash
    Rainbow Wavedash
    Producer
    Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Potentialing Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Thanks for clearing that all up for us! Those Twilight sketches look great, by the way!
    Potentialing
    Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down