Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Ideas....

+4
gekiganwing
Nightmare Twily
Nighty
The Holy Mail
8 posters

Go down

Are these good ideas?

Some Ideas.... I_vote_lcap19%Some Ideas.... I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Some Ideas.... I_vote_lcap38%Some Ideas.... I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]
Some Ideas.... I_vote_lcap5%Some Ideas.... I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

Some Ideas.... Empty Some Ideas....

Post  The Holy Mail Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:14 am

Just going to speak my mind here, I have a few story-wise elements that could be added. But I DO tend to go into extreme detail, so be prepared...

1. The story should have some kind of dark and twisted subplot, something to catch the audiences eye. Maybe there are some side characters with a special trait about them, like Lyra! Maybe there is a completely unknown character who has a dark side to their lives, like a doctor with emotional troubles that you can investigate into...(again....DETAIL)

2. Choices should have a solid impact, dosent have to be RPG solid...just solid. Like a branching path system(could go along with number 1), and depending on what choices you make, characters could either respect or despise you...

3. Romance is a HUGE thing in narratives, could there be a possibility to make a female character? Who knows! Again branching paths...Romance should have a solid impact with "Tom", don't keep it all limited, but don't make it too big, no need at all  Cool Shocked 

Like or Dislike? Both up to you!
The Holy Mail
The Holy Mail

Back to top Go down

Some Ideas.... Empty Re: Some Ideas....

Post  Nighty Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:21 pm

1) I think this is kinda supposed to be a slice-of-life type deal. Having a dark/twisted subplot would veer away from that, don't you think? >w<;

2) That's the whole thing with VNs, friend! c: The choices will affect the story. Is how it works.

3) It's already been confirmed there won't be a gender selection thingy. :u But personally, I think it works fine with just Tom.
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Mail Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Nighty wrote:1) I think this is kinda supposed to be a slice-of-life type deal. Having a dark/twisted subplot would veer away from that, don't you think? >w<;

2) That's the whole thing with VNs, friend! c: The choices will affect the story. Is how it works.

3) It's already been confirmed there won't be a gender selection thingy. :u But personally, I think it works fine with just Tom.

1. Yes, but life always has some kind of dark side, personal experiences you know?

2. Also understandable, but ive seen alot of VN's(WtP for example), crash and burn

3. I was never told this...so this surprising news....
The Holy Mail
The Holy Mail

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:30 pm

The Holy Mail wrote:
Nighty wrote:1) I think this is kinda supposed to be a slice-of-life type deal. Having a dark/twisted subplot would veer away from that, don't you think? >w<;

1. Yes, but life always has some kind of dark side, personal experiences you know?

2. Also understandable, but ive seen alot of VN's(WtP for example), crash and burn

3. I was never told this...so this surprising news....
Well when you say dark subplot, and you're talking about a VN, you're meaning something darker than real life. =o=; This is supposed to be a feels-y type of VN, so I can understand them wanting to make it light hearted.
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Twily Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:46 pm

I agree that there should be a romance sub-plot along with several others, that tie into the main story line. There doesn't have to be a dark side though, just some Slice-Of-Life wold be nice. Being able to make choices that affect the story in some way would also be a cool feature. (Like being able to be in a relationship with another character)Very Happy 
Nightmare Twily
Nightmare Twily

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Mail Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:30 am

Nightmare Twily wrote:I agree that there should be a romance sub-plot along with several others, that tie into the main story line. There doesn't have to be a dark side though, just some Slice-Of-Life wold be nice. Being able to make choices that affect the story in some way would also be a cool feature. (Like being able to be in a relationship with another character)Very Happy 
I see that we are kinda on the same page here....good

1. Its good to see that you agree with my idea to input at least 7 or more characters, ex. Vinyl Scratch, Derpy Hooves, Lyra Heartstrings, Octavia, the possibilities are LIMITLESS!
2. I can understand that most DONT want a dark subplot..but it dosent mean its anything like cupcakes*cringe*. But for example, Welcome to Ponyville ( look it up), had a CREEPY storyline and many loved it for that
3. Choices are part of VN's, most of the time anyway. But for example, lets say I hate a certain character and I don't want to be all goody two-shoes in the storyline(For all those role plays!)..
The Holy Mail
The Holy Mail

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Twily Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 pm

The Holy Mail wrote:
Nightmare Twily wrote:I agree that there should be a romance sub-plot along with several others, that tie into the main story line. There doesn't have to be a dark side though, just some Slice-Of-Life wold be nice. Being able to make choices that affect the story in some way would also be a cool feature. (Like being able to be in a relationship with another character)Very Happy 
I see that we are kinda on the same page here....good

1. Its good to see that you agree with my idea to input at least 7 or more characters, ex. Vinyl Scratch, Derpy Hooves, Lyra Heartstrings, Octavia, the possibilities are LIMITLESS!
2. I can understand that most DONT want a dark subplot..but it dosent mean its anything like cupcakes*cringe*. But for example, Welcome to Ponyville ( look it up), had a CREEPY storyline and many loved it for that
3. Choices are part of VN's, most of the time anyway. But for example, lets say I hate a certain character and I don't want to be all goody two-shoes in the storyline(For all those role plays!)..
I'm not discouraging the idea of a dark side. My opinion is that people should have the option to disable some of higher rated storylines
Nightmare Twily
Nightmare Twily

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Mail Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:17 pm

[/quote]I'm not discouraging the idea of a dark side. My opinion is that people should have the option to disable some of higher rated storylines[/quote]

Well there IS going to be (from what ive heard) a ADULT version of this game, you know all that 18 and up stuff, maybe there could be something like a "Darker Path" option that could be like my idea of a darker subplot.....
The Holy Mail
The Holy Mail

Back to top Go down

Post  gekiganwing Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Holy Mail said, "Well there IS going to be (from what ive heard) a ADULT version of this game, you know all that 18 and up stuff, maybe there could be something like a "Darker Path" option that could be like my idea of a darker subplot..."

An event-driven story is always good. But it's also good to keep the story's scope under control. If the creators don't want to write action, mystery, or other genres, then it's probably best to let it go.

An "evil route" is also a legit choice, but if that's not what the writers want to make, that's fine.

Last edited by gekiganwing on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo correction)
gekiganwing
gekiganwing

Back to top Go down

Some Ideas.... Empty Post-Release?

Post  Big Bad Wolf Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:31 pm

After the release of the game, the game will have presumably 6 routes, 1 per Mane Six. You said this is a lot, I agree. But I hope you go a bit further than the Katawa Shoujo team. After the game is released, and any/most of the bugs are fixed, you guys could take a break. But eventually come back and decide what to do next. A lot of the people hope for some other character to go after, be it Luna, Celestia, Derpy, or Trixie.
I hope you guys could make a little patch or add-on where we can eventually pursue characters not part of the Mane Six. How such a thing would be handled is entirely up to the Staff.

Big Bad Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Big Bad Wolf wrote:After the release of the game, the game will have presumably 6 routes, 1 per Mane Six. You said this is a lot, I agree. But I hope you go a bit further than the Katawa Shoujo team. After the game is released, and any/most of the bugs are fixed, you guys could take a break. But eventually come back and decide what to do next. A lot of the people hope for some other character to go after, be it Luna, Celestia, Derpy, or Trixie.
I hope you guys could make a little patch or add-on where we can eventually pursue characters not part of the Mane Six. How such a thing would be handled is entirely up to the Staff.
^ This
But I never heard the announcement about just the Mane Six. :c I figured at least Derpy would get a route.
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Nighty wrote:I never heard the announcement about just the Mane Six. :c I figured at least Derpy would get a route.
http://www.zap-apple.com/p/faq.html#morepaths
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Some Ideas.... Empty new route

Post  sora21345 Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 am

if the game starswirl academy does good are they going to put new route's like majikoi s

sora21345

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Bad Wolf Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:29 pm

gekiganwing wrote: An event-driven story is always good. But it's also good to keep the story's scope under control. If the creators don't want to write action, mystery, or other genres, then it's probably best to let it go.

An "evil route" is also a legit choice, but if that's not what the writers want to make, that's fine.
The story is slice-of-life, but what you guys are referring to could be considered horror, psychological, or suspense. The game is like going through Tom's life, and making him act out in a way you can't expect from his character is going to make you view him far differently. If we see him act ruthless or cruel, we'll probably always have the idea that he's faking everything that's nice about him that makes him a part of being with the Mane Six. But in the darker aspects, people are mostly in it only to either view the world through the character, or to see the actions the character inflicts on the world. I'm all fine and dandy with making Tom a little imperfect, be it some kind of thing he's scared of or hates or is weak to, like a bad memory he has. It could make him a little more human, similar to how we've seen little parts of the Mane Six that are imperfect.
I can't agree that we should make an entire route about Tom's Wrath or Injustices, but more of an arc where we learn more about him being a little human. Just make him a little more human, just like the ponies we love, how he handles that is the Staff's choice.

Big Bad Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  NemoTjan777 Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 am

"Well there IS going to be (from what ive heard) a ADULT version of this game, you know all that 18 and up stuff, maybe there could be something like a "Darker Path" option that could be like my idea of a darker subplot....."

You do realize that there are 18- people who are fans of dark stuff, even outright horror, right? That would be a little unfair and discriminate.
I'm all for darkness, though. Not too much...maybe just some undertones.
NemoTjan777
NemoTjan777

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down