Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contributions?

+2
Overkillius
Hoskins
6 posters

Go down

Contributions? Empty Contributions?

Post  Hoskins Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi, Hosky here, just wondering about any policies on contributing?

I'd love to share some ideas, and was wondering if you all are open to suggestions?

Thanks! ^^ lol!
Hoskins
Hoskins

Back to top Go down

Contributions? Empty Re: Contributions?

Post  Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Unfortunately, most things that could be contributed aren't really all that pragmatic. I'll give a few examples -

Art - Well, you don't really know the story, hence, you wouldn't know what to draw, and you don't know the existing art style.

Music - You won't know the story, hence, what to do for specific pieces, or what we're planning to do, hence, want with the music.

Story - This is almost completely out of the question, in my opinion. You won't know how the character acts, what the writer wants to do with the character, or what they, or other people do in the story. Almost anything that's suggested would be a shot in the dark as to what would happen, and we wouldn't be able to deny/confirm if that would be a good idea or not without ending up leaking the story.

If it's something unmentioned that you think might help the project, feel free to suggest it! I don't think we're understaffed in any of the areas mentioned, however.

I don't know what it was you wish to contribute, and don't let me deter you, but please, don't be offended if anything is rejected! You might hear something different from Wavedash/Gold, but that's my thoughts on it, and I think they'll say the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  Overkillius Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:41 pm

I'd still say that people from outside the project COULD help with music. If not for composing then for playing instruments.
Overkillius
Overkillius
Musician
Musician

https://www.youtube.com/user/Overkillius

Back to top Go down

Post  Acrylia Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 pm

From what I'm seeing, as far as the actual game is concerned, anyone who's not on the team isn't allowed to know anything. Like, if it gets leaked, riots will break out in San Diego or something.

However, if this forum grows, we might have need for moderators and that kind of thing, so you might be able to help with that if the forums take off.
Acrylia
Acrylia

http://soundcloud.com/acrylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Zap Apple isn't exactly a community project. We've got a closed-door policy when it comes to information exchange. The reason is that we don't want any of the plot leaking ahead of time. I'm sure you guys have probably heard of the fiasco over at 4Leaf when their beta script leaked. Just imagine if the script for this massive (seriously massive) game got leaked ahead of the release. It would make all of our hard work effectively worthless.

If you want to contribute something, you'll have to go through the proper channels over at our Staff/Apply page. Right now, the only thing we're looking for is artists, and Derpii hasn't exactly figured out how he wants to handle that yet.

THAT SAID, we certainly won't turn away any fan art or fan works. Very Happy
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wolvenfire86 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:36 am

I think the best contribution people can make at this point is spreading the word and letting everyone know we're working on this. =D
wolvenfire86
wolvenfire86

Back to top Go down

Post  bolod22 Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm

What about making some banners or stamps? Smile
bolod22
bolod22

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 pm

No complaints here, but banners or stamps for what?
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  bolod22 Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm

wolvenfire86 wrote:I think the best contribution people can make at this point is spreading the word and letting everyone know we're working on this. =D
bolod22
bolod22

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Ah. So are we talking about banners for, like, websites? That's perfectly fine either way.

If you'd like some sort of official banners, just let me know what size you want and I'll get some official artwork for you.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 am

Contributions? Forumh12

This image (taken from above the page) or something similar would work well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum