Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does everybody think of the new names?

+12
Zebasiz
Grollo
Ruthalas_
Mr. Gency
JordyBoothy
tokusentaianiki
TheHockeyGamer
diamondeye83
DedWards
Nighty
Rainbow Wavedash
SLappyPAncake
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you like the names?

What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]
What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap52%What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 52% 
[ 15 ]
What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]
What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does everybody think of the new names?

Post  Hampulina93 Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:16 pm

"Sol" means sun in some language I can't remember, as well as being a Roman sun god and a Norse sun goddess according to Wikipedia. "Omon" is an anagram of the word Moon. "Solomon" sounds like (and probably is) an actual name.

My 2ยข.

Sol means sun in swedish and probably a few other scandinavian languages. Solomon is an old biblical name, He was king of Israel and the son of David (from David and Goliath) according to the Hebrew Bible, the Qur'an and a few other religious texts.

Kinda fitting name for immortal princesses headmasters.

Montgomery sounds like an "old money" kind of name. Can't recall at the moment if the demo mentioned her coming from a rich family or not but it would explain the name. Also if you consider a few of Rarity's ...quirks... an "old money" name works.

Hampulina93

Back to top Go down

What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does everybody think of the new names?

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 pm

You guys are nailing the name reasoning.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 pm

• Rozalyn - Comes from the ancient lithulatvian word for "conceited in precisely the way people find charming"
  • Robin - Named after the famous DC comic book superhero, Birdman
  • Tai - Named ironically because she can't tie her shoelaces
  • Polly - Her original design had her as a talking parrot
  • Faith - Originates from the orcish term for oppai
  • Annabelle-Jean - The full name of Billie Jean, aka not Michael Jackson's lover

Don't know where you guys are getting this norse mythology nonsense from.
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruthalas_ Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:30 am

Nighty wrote:

• Rozalyn - Comes from the ancient lithulatvian word for "conceited in precisely the way people find charming"
  • Annabelle-Jean - The full name of Billie Jean, aka not Michael Jackson's lover

Don't know where you guys are getting this norse mythology nonsense from.

The best part of this was how far down the list I got before realizing these were less-than-serious conjectures. Embarassed Very Happy
Ruthalas_
Ruthalas_

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHockeyGamer Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:03 am

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:You guys are nailing the name reasoning.

What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 Giphy

Nighty wrote:

Untrue! That name has no origin in ancient Lithuania or Latvia! She's actually named after a royal from a distant land, who shares similar traits and "old money" style. Pronunciation changed to avoid a lawsuit.

What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 D2_Rozalin

Untrue! While Robin of DC comics fame is the more famous, she is actually named after Robin Hood, or more specifically, "Robin In The Hood", an obscure Tyler Perry film parodying the Disney classic. Pic below.

What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 RobinHoodMeninTights2

This is 100% fact! However, it's impossible to ignore her true relationship with the headmasters of Starswirl Academy, which her name was also made to subtly hint at!

What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 32c584f5-f503-49f0-ad46-24d55e19a66f_zpsb89f434f

This one is correct, though I feel I should clarify. Polly wasn't originally a mere parrot, she was planned to be a crossover with Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney! That's right, the lovable witness Polly the Parrot was originally to take the stand attend Starswirl Academy and play a major role! This was changed due to a falling out between programmer Sir Spiders and Capcom. It was also planned that Robin be a DLC Mega Man character for an upcoming game, but it was cancelled and then all files were burned. Repeatedly.

True, though merely a coincidence! Faith Summers is actually a devout Christian and will carry a cross with her at all times during her route. A single bad choice condemns you to the bad ending, where Tom dies and goes to Hell.

Another missed crossover opportunity, sadly. Annabel-Jean was not originally going to have her own route, instead be a side character in Michael Jackson's route. He was to provide the voices and everything, before it was deemed "insensitive". The King of Pop lives on, however, as all music in Annabel-Jean's route will be replaced by music from his discography. Rest in Peace, Michael. The world misses you.

the original post by Nighty was brilliant omg I laughed so hard
TheHockeyGamer
TheHockeyGamer

https://www.youtube.com/user/hardysforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am

TheHockeyGamer wrote:What does everybody think of the new names? - Page 2 RobinHoodMeninTights2

why the hell not, it worked in blazin' saddles-- *SHOT TWICE*

TheHockeyGamer wrote:
Annabel-Jean was not originally going to have her own route, instead be a side character in Michael Jackson's route. He was to provide the voices and everything, before it was deemed "insensitive".

petition for super hidden easter egg route for Michael Jackson in-game
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Random IV Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:06 pm

The only seemingly strange are Celene (isn't that someone else..) and Tom Stone (sounds like Tombstone - which is justified because he's creepily serious, but then, why aren't they afraid of him?)
Favorite name is Rosalyn Montgomery - because of that episode in The Lost World series (Dead Man's Hill) where Marguerite (Rarity-like character) suddenly ran a farm and called herself Marilyn Montgomery. Which somewhat makes me expect Rosalyn to have something to do with farms/Annabel-Jean. Which, I don't remember, does she appear at Stareswirl academy, or is just their friend?

Duke Random IV

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:55 pm

Duke Random IV wrote:The only seemingly strange are Celene (isn't that someone else..) and Tom Stone (sounds like Tombstone - which is justified because he's creepily serious, but then, why aren't they afraid of him?)
Since the headmasters are sisters, they need to share a last name (Solomon). Celestia became Celena and Luna became Lynette. Tom's name didn't change.

Duke Random IV wrote:Which, I don't remember, does she appear at Stareswirl academy, or is just their friend?
What? Anne? She goes to Starswirl.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightgazer Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:52 pm

SLappyPAncake wrote:Give us the option ingame to change the names of the mane six.
why not just give us 6 little boxes in the options to change the names those characters?

I second this idea, please do it.^_^

Nightgazer
Nightgazer

http://nightgazer.altervista.org/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  lordcruxis Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:57 am

Nightgazer wrote:
SLappyPAncake wrote:Give us the option ingame to change the names of the mane six.
why not just give us 6 little boxes in the options to change the names those characters?

I second this idea, please do it.^_^

You all realize that almost no VN allows you to rename heroines, right? Very few even let you name the protagonist. At this point asking to change their names is akin to slapping the writers in the face.

Sure when the project started it was about Twiight and the bunch, but now it's about Tai and the bunch. Don't stomp on their creative direction.

Also Wavedash already stated that it could create more legal issues with Hasbro if people are doing LPs with pony names.

Also also, It would be a major pain to go and make sure that Tai's name (for example) is replaced with the str taiName. I don't think you realize the amount of extra work you are adding.
lordcruxis
lordcruxis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Just edit the names.rpy file in the game folder. We already did the hard part.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum