Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart

4 posters

Go down

Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart Empty Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart

Post  wolvenfire86 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 am

So I'm Rainbow Dash's path writer. I joined the project early, but joined this forum late.

I have been writing since before I can remember, have a rather offensive sense of humor, love exercise and like jumping out of airplanes when I find the time.

wolvenfire86
wolvenfire86

Back to top Go down

Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart Empty Re: Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart

Post  SilverSpinner Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:44 am

People ask me why I hate airplanes and I always have to go back to the story when I was going to jump out one, but I forgot that my friend who asked me to come along is a complete dick, as I was walking to the door ready to face my severe fear of heights he tripped me, out of the plane. Anyways hello and really I do have to thank you for this, combining 2 of my favorite things, but damn I wish I had been here earlier I really missed out on one of those writing chances. I do have one question as long as you're allowed to answer. Is your plan with RD for here to be tsundere or something like the Kamidere god act, or does she just basically hate you like a Tsun Tsun character?
SilverSpinner
SilverSpinner

Back to top Go down

Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart Empty Response

Post  wolvenfire86 Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:50 am

Is your plan with RD for here to be tsundere or something like the Kamidere god act, or does she just basically hate you like a Tsun Tsun character?

I plan on making her a person.

I love anime, but one thing that drives me crazy about it...it's the archetypes. I hate anime archetypes! They are so overused and so standardized that anime fans can easily predict what characters are going to do before they do it, even with characters they have never seen before.

Since an archetype by definition is a board spectrum of emotions and qualities, you'll definitely see some overlap here and there, but will not intentionally try to make Rainbow Dash a cookie-cut persona.
wolvenfire86
wolvenfire86

Back to top Go down

Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart Empty Re: Wolvenfire86, on the forumns and in your heart

Post  SilverSpinner Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:13 am

Since an archetype by definition is a board spectrum of emotions and qualities, you'll definitely see some overlap here and there, but will not intentionally try to make Rainbow Dash a cookie-cut persona.

I'm actually really glad to hear that, I really only used the archtypes just to get a general idea, considering none of the staff wants to talk about the specifics but I can't blame you guys for wanting to keep it all under wraps. Now I must go to sleep considering it's 6 a.m. and I spent all night reading my Clannad VN.
SilverSpinner
SilverSpinner

Back to top Go down

Post  wolvenfire86 Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 am

I just read through the other parts of the forums. I am a little upset that everyone thought of archetypes even before any content went public. But thanks for you asking me to clear it up.
wolvenfire86
wolvenfire86

Back to top Go down

Post  andy25100 Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:33 am

The main reason people use archetype's is because they are good reference points, as say Tsundere to someone and they will likely know what type of character you mean, and i don't see why some guessing of what character's will be like is overly a bad thing, they may not match up with what will happen but it happens regardless as fans are curious and the less they know the more curious they will be.
andy25100
andy25100

Back to top Go down

Post  wolvenfire86 Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 am

It's not a "bad" thing, Andy, not necessarily. But I'd personally prefer that people approach creative works with no expectations and be surprised rather than have expectations and not get what they thought they were going to get. Even if those expectations are positive ones.

Rest assured, I promise to do everything I can to make Rainbow Dash's story as interesting, deep and intriguing as possible.
wolvenfire86
wolvenfire86

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverSpinner Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 pm

wolvenfire86 wrote:It's not a "bad" thing, Andy, not necessarily. But I'd personally prefer that people approach creative works with no expectations

I'm getting the notion I should clarify my question before I start an all out war about archtypes. I actually used that question as a test not as an actual question It's why I said I was glad that you weren't going to use archtypes to build your character. I have the exact same feelings about archtypes that you do, it's okay to use archtypes to classify characters that have already been made but no good writer should ever use archtypes to build your character if that was the case every set of characters would be almost the same with just slight differences. So what I'm saying is by you telling me "No screw archtypes I don't need them" (at least that's the message I got from your original reply) you passed my test and then some, You certainly earned my trust to write this I don't need hints about the characters if I know the writers are people who deserve those spots. To put it into perspective had you answered my question by telling me you were basing it around a certain archtype I would have lost some interest if I knew some of the characters would come out as cookie-cutter characters. So in closing I salute you, go on and write to your heart's content and as long as all the other writers have your notion about how to write a characters then I'm assured this project will get the recognition it already deserves, you've certainly earned my trust and peaked my interest.
SilverSpinner
SilverSpinner

Back to top Go down

Post  wolvenfire86 Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:56 pm

SilverSpinner wrote:So in closing I salute you, go on and write to your heart's content and as long as all the other writers have your notion about how to write a characters then I'm assured this project will get the recognition it already deserves, you've certainly earned my trust and peaked my interest.

Rock on brotha'! Glad I've your trust. =)
wolvenfire86
wolvenfire86

Back to top Go down

Post  gekiganwing Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:33 am

This thread was last active two years ago. Sorry for stumbling across it now...

In the late '90s, a book called 45 Master Classes: Mythic Models for Creating Original Characters was written. Fans on TVTropes have taken its ideas and expanded some of them into the pages Master Character Heroes and Heroines. Many examples mentioned in the book were written hundreds or thousands of years ago. Most examples on the two pages are recent.

Is there any use for a character who adheres to their archetype? Should a character who defies their archetype be considered superior? My answer to the first question is "yes," and my answer to the second question would be "not necessarily." I don't think that a deconstructed character archetype is better or worse than any other.

What does it mean to write a character as a real person? That *sounds* like a good idea. However, I don't know if I can adequately describe how it might work. Nor do I know if I could identify even one example in any form of fiction. Perhaps it's an impossible goal. Or maybe not... I am not sure.

If quite a bit of emphasis is placed on making a character realistic, and giving them varied motivations... then is it possible that they would be too vague? Would they end up becoming such a mixed bag that they would be impossible to categorize or identify? Is it possible for a character to have too many moods, aspects, and conflicts?

Last edited by gekiganwing on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
gekiganwing
gekiganwing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum