Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I figured it out

+5
Elements of Apathy
rockmanll
OrmagNecros
LTG
Grollo
9 posters

Go down

I figured it out Empty I figured it out

Post  Grollo Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 am

So it nagged me that I didn't know who the main character was. Reading through the tumblr, I got the following clues:
*It's a stallion we know of
*He doesn't live in Ponyville
*It's not Shining Armour

Based on this, I went through the list of ponies on the mlp wiki. Here's the names of all stallions who have more than two lines and do not live in Ponyville: Braeburn, Sherrif Silverstar, Hoity Toity, Fancypants, Soarin, Blueblood, Flim/Flam

First, get rid of Blueballs because he's too unlikable to play unless he gets a major overhaul, and then it's not really Blueblood anymore.

Then, I can sort out everypony who seems be too old to fit in in high school. This leaves: Braeburn, Soarin
To clarify on this step: I sort out those who lack a youthful personality. All of them are probably older than high school age, but it's easier to adjust the age of youthful characters.

While marriage between cousins is legal most places, some people find it squicky and a bit incestrous. And since Breaburn is Applejacks cousin, he's probably out which leaves Soarin. He fits the most in the "standard main character model" than the other do, too.

So that's it, mystery solved - the main character is Soarin.
Grollo
Grollo

Back to top Go down

I figured it out Empty Re: I figured it out

Post  LTG Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 am

Well, I just got some more or less confirmation that his name is set in stone, but they will give it thought if they allow an option to name the MC.

I wouldn't mind playing as Soarin, he is pretty bad ass, and I would be curious to see how they would've handled playing as Braeburn. All that awkward dialogue between AJ and Brae would have been fun to read.

Last edited by LTG on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just learned something)

LTG

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 am

Sorry if this counts as bumping up a topic but I always thought it was Soarin. Blueblood, honestly, no one would care for him much at all and they would recieve some backlash having AJ's cousin being the MC. Plus, Soarin has badass hair.

EDIT: According to a new tumblr post, the MC has been important to the story of the show a few times and is decently known. I still believe Soarin will be it.

Last edited by Boofan01 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stupid vague Tumblr post.)

Back to top Go down

Post  OrmagNecros Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 am

That weird feeling you get when you think for a second that it might be Spike.

What is wrong with my head.
Good thing that wouldn't be true.
OrmagNecros
OrmagNecros

Back to top Go down

Post  rockmanll Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 pm

I'd be cool about it being Soarin, but it would leave me with a few questions. First of all, does the Wonderbolts exist? I'm assuming yes, it would be interesting to see how the compete since humans can't fly. Second how would that change your relationship with Rainbow Dash? She would go from a tsundere character to a fanboy follower, which isn't a big deal but if that's the case I would have preferred an original character. Still out of the options listed Soarin would be my preferred pick.

OrmagNecros wrote:That weird feeling you get when you think for a second that it might be Spike.

What is wrong with my head.
Good thing that wouldn't be true.

Big Mac would be worse
rockmanll
rockmanll

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&output=

Back to top Go down

Post  Elements of Apathy Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:03 am

I didn't read their entire Tumblr, but did they say it was a stallion? I find it a lot easier to picture a young Discord as the protagonist.

Elements of Apathy

http://elementsofapathy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rockmanll Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Just a reminder/summary of the info posted on the Tumblr about the MC.

1) The main character is male

2) The character is canon

3) The character isn't from Ponyville

4) Restating #3, the MC isn't Spike

5) "I wouldn’t say he’s not well known. ", so he's not obscure and likely isn't a one-off like Braeburn was.

Of course, something stated 7 months ago might no longer be right but it's all you have to work with.
rockmanll
rockmanll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceresbane Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:09 am

shining armour... or celestia with a penis.

if its not a one off character because stallions are pretty rare as recurring characters.
Ceresbane
Ceresbane

Back to top Go down

Post  rockmanll Wed May 01, 2013 4:37 am

Ceresbane wrote:celestia with a penis.

Lets make this happen.
rockmanll
rockmanll

Back to top Go down

Post  Grollo Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, it seems the debut trailer happened. We now know who the main character is. It's not Soarin. It's not even Braeburn.

It's Tom. As in, the rock.

I freely admit that this does indeed fit all the clues, if we assume a masculine name implies a male gender. I was wrong. The devs are geniuses; we have a character that is well known and with a show-given name, but with no personality at all so they can do whatever they like with him.

Also:

LTG wrote:Well, I just got some more or less confirmation that his name is set in stone, but they will give it thought if they allow an option to name the MC.
Set in stone

You clever bastards
Grollo
Grollo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruthalas_ Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:29 am

LTG wrote:Well, I just got some more or less confirmation that his name is set in stone, but they will give it thought if they allow an option to name the MC.
Set in stone

AAAAAH. Hah. Wonderful.
Ruthalas_
Ruthalas_

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:47 pm

I for one am slightly disappointed they don't let you choose your gender, but I guess that was just wishful thinking. xD Still hyped as fuck for the game, though!
Nighty
Nighty

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 pm

A selectable gender and name is more the style of a dating sim anyway. Razz
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down