Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spreading the word

5 posters

Go down

Spreading the word Empty Spreading the word

Post  Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 pm

As Rainbow Wavedash said, "The best contribution we can all do right now is spread the word." Any particular websites you guys would like us to show this to? Reddit is a given but other sites. And how would you care for us to spread it?

Back to top Go down

Spreading the word Empty Re: Spreading the word

Post  Ceresbane Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Word spreads faster with a completed project to show off.

To avoid legal action like mlponline and to stop frustrating ppl that find out with this gruelling waiting game, I say you finish your game and then brag about it.

Dusk's dawn, the disappointment that was, was pressured to be released on time so much that the animation quality was poor, the voice acting sucked... and etc.

Of course knowing some of the more talented cast myself, I do confirm that it was destined to disappoint from the start because the producer was incompetent when it came to marketing and project leading. The resulting pressure coming directly from his idiotic marketing decisions, and the inability to be objective and prioritise quality was lost to his fan pandering.

He also had the inability to taking criticism from his peers that worked on his project.

Plus the story sucked and he had the bright idea of putting himself in the project even though he had no ability as a voice actor.

but I digress.

Point is, fan hype is not healthy.
Ceresbane
Ceresbane

Back to top Go down

Post  rockmanll Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 am

I agree with Ceresbane, a pre release hype train is likely to crash. When they have something to announce or show off, try to get it on EQD but outside of that there is no reason to rush.
rockmanll
rockmanll

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&output=

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceresbane Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:15 am

rockmanll wrote:I agree with Ceresbane, a pre release hype train is likely to crash. When they have something to announce or show off, try to get it on EQD but outside of that there is no reason to rush.

If they got the game ready it wouldn't be a matter of trying to get it to EQD.

Sethisto will be raped by fan emails demanding he submits it as featured.
Ceresbane
Ceresbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 am

We're not exactly making a push to get featured anywhere. If you guys want to spread the word to people who might like it, you're more than welcome to do that, but we won't be advertising ourselves. As a matter of fact, the development team is under orders to not post about it anywhere in hopes that word will spread by word of mouth organically.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:58 am

Yeah, I was just seeing if you wanted since I'm not very good at these types of things. Hell, so far I've been pretty unpopular on these forums in the short time I've been here, and I don't really know all that much in regards to marketing so I'm going to make a better effort to have higher quality posts like Ceresbane and tell my friends at College about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceresbane Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:26 am

Boofan01 wrote:Yeah, I was just seeing if you wanted since I'm not very good at these types of things. Hell, so far I've been pretty unpopular on these forums in the short time I've been here, and I don't really know all that much in regards to marketing so I'm going to make a better effort to have higher quality posts like Ceresbane and tell my friends at College about it.

It's not a personal dislike, it's just lack of experience and the wisdom that comes with that experience.

What I'm saying isn't attacking you. It is challenging what you think is a good idea.

And a challenge does not mean you are wrong, just what you think put into question. You can avoid this by having a little more hindsight but it also means you have the right to defend your opinions and ideas should you think the opposition is wrong (with good reason).

There's is nothing personal involved and personal feelings should never be involved in regards to things like this (on the business side at least).
Ceresbane
Ceresbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 am

I never viewed it as you attacking me. I just thought you were doing it so that I could make a better effort to not make the mistakes I have been making. I do have problems being assertive because it's part of an anxiety I've had trouble getting over. This game is all that really matters, not the conflicting opinions of two members of the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Potentialing Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 am

I propose that the game should stay on the down-low until it's at least 75% done.

It is also worth mentioning that as a game dev myself, I can say that the post-100%-polishing is the longest part of the process, but by then it's pretty much guaranteed for the game to come out. That's more than enough time to spread the word, I think.

As far as getting the word out, I would suggest advertising it at anime conventions, bronycons, or even popular social sites like 4chan or Reddit.. but again, I wouldn't recommend it until the project hits the 75% range.
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceresbane Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Potentialing wrote:I propose that the game should stay on the down-low until it's at least 75% done.

It is also worth mentioning that as a game dev myself, I can say that the post-100%-polishing is the longest part of the process, but by then it's pretty much guaranteed for the game to come out. That's more than enough time to spread the word, I think.

As far as getting the word out, I would suggest advertising it at anime conventions, bronycons, or even popular social sites like 4chan or Reddit.. but again, I wouldn't recommend it until the project hits the 75% range.

So what % does the polishing come in? As a mild perfectionist, I review as I go along and only do a brief reread of the whole thing.

Hence polishing is 90% for me.

But if you go by polishing as if counting in my constant mid-production checking and rechecking... That would be 35%.

In a general sense, what is 75%?
Ceresbane
Ceresbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Potentialing Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 am

Ceresbane wrote:
Potentialing wrote:I propose that the game should stay on the down-low until it's at least 75% done.

So what % does the polishing come in? As a mild perfectionist, I review as I go along and only do a brief reread of the whole thing.

But if you go by polishing as if counting in my constant mid-production checking and rechecking... That would be 35%.

I guess if we were actually trying to measure (speaking theoretically, anyways) the total amount of work done, the 75% stage would be when the game's first draft is pretty much finished, and the polishing stage begins. When I said that "polishing was the longest stage", I meant that it was the longest process compared to all the other stages involved in the 75% of the project's development. Polishing is very important when making the game, though the main focus on development should be trying to even get to the polishing stage.

But that's my own personal belief/experience anyways. I don't want to give the impression that these are "facts".
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceresbane Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Potentialing wrote:
Ceresbane wrote:

I guess if we were actually trying to measure (speaking theoretically, anyways) the total amount of work done, the 75% stage would be when the game's first draft is pretty much finished, and the polishing stage begins. When I said that "polishing was the longest stage", I meant that it was the longest process compared to all the other stages involved in the 75% of the project's development. Polishing is very important when making the game, though the main focus on development should be trying to even get to the polishing stage.

But that's my own personal belief/experience anyways. I don't want to give the impression that these are "facts".

when you involve numbers. It cannot be avoided.
Ceresbane
Ceresbane

Back to top Go down

Post  samchu12 Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Boofan01 wrote:As Rainbow Wavedash said, "The best contribution we can all do right now is spread the word." Any particular websites you guys would like us to show this to? Reddit is a given but other sites. And how would you care for us to spread it?

Here is a chart of how hype is good and bad
Quiet is the best thing to do atm, but since it got posted on EQG, you cant do that fully
Spreading=More Fans=More Hype+People who cant wait= Either bad game but released early or massive meltdown by Hasbro or something.
Quiet=Less Fans=Less hype=faster work progress= Awsome game!!!
But they are safe from Hasbro, all they can do is prevent them from using the Ponys names, and that is the only trademarked item.

samchu12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceresbane Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 pm

samchu12 wrote:
Boofan01 wrote:As Rainbow Wavedash said, "The best contribution we can all do right now is spread the word." Any particular websites you guys would like us to show this to? Reddit is a given but other sites. And how would you care for us to spread it?

Here is a chart of how hype is good and bad
Quiet is the best thing to do atm, but since it got posted on EQG, you cant do that fully
Spreading=More Fans=More Hype+People who cant wait= Either bad game but released early or massive meltdown by Hasbro or something.
Quiet=Less Fans=Less hype=faster work progress= Awsome game!!!
But they are safe from Hasbro, all they can do is prevent them from using the Ponys names, and that is the only trademarked item.

You're ignoring an important factor.

A human is natural a social animal, so when it holds alot of encouragement from a fandom it can result in better results than without said encouragement.

The mane6 have been quoted to admit that they would not have had such a high quality game if the fandom didn't egg them on so much.

They achieved the balance where they take the praise and the pressure but never faltering under it and keeping their own priorities straight.

btw... how's the writer search goin? I had a rather butthurt response on my tumblr awhile back on the enormous task needed to take up the helm on this project as a route writer.

Not gonna take back what I said, but I at least want to covey my hope that you found some gems among the rocks.
Ceresbane
Ceresbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down