Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Visual Novel Games? Why?

+19
NemoTjan777
Jorganstan
Big Bad Wolf
Nighty
lordcruxis
Ceresbane
bolod22
LTG
madokahybrid
SilverSpinner
rockmanll
gekiganwing
Princess Celestia
wolvenfire86
andy25100
Rainbow Wavedash
Acrylia
Overkillius
Potentialing
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Favorite Visual Novel Games? Why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Visual Novel Games? Why?

Post  gekiganwing Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 am

So far with 3DS Street Pass, I have found only one other person with Hakuouki as their most recently played game. With the 3DS and Vita becoming my primary game systems, I'd like more VNs for them. But I dunno how many more current portable VNs will be made, let alone get an English release. Danganronpa 1 for Vita's about a month away. I'm hoping that Time Travelers or Xblaze Code: Embryo might get licensed...

tokusentaianiki wrote:...its still a bit pricey for me to full out buy ... but i really like the vn demonbane.

$28 US on Rightstuf as of this writing. The site updates its sales every few days, so if you're looking for a specific deal, keep an eye on it.

Last edited by gekiganwing on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarifications)
gekiganwing
gekiganwing

Back to top Go down

Favorite Visual Novel Games? Why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Visual Novel Games? Why?

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

I would love to release a visual novel on the 3DS, but I'm not sure any of the ones bouncing around in my head would fly with Nintendo.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tokusentaianiki Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:49 am

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:I would love to release a visual novel on the 3DS, but I'm not sure any of the ones bouncing around in my head would fly with Nintendo.
Huh, maybe you could make one for ps4 or xbox one since they're so indie friendly now. just an idea that may or may not be stupid. im not to smart about game production. My partner destruction_adv is the game developer, not me
tokusentaianiki
tokusentaianiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:49 am

I think visual novels need to be packaged fore portable systems in the English market - something like a book they can read anywhere, rather than being tethered to a television in a living room where someone might be embarrassed to play it. I have zero statistics behind my thinking, but it seems logical that in a market where VNs aren't as widely accepted, it'd be better to have them be more private experiences.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHockeyGamer Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:I think visual novels need to be packaged fore portable systems in the English market - something like a book they can read anywhere, rather than being tethered to a television in a living room where someone might be embarrassed to play it. I have zero statistics behind my thinking, but it seems logical that in a market where VNs aren't as widely accepted, it'd be better to have them be more private experiences.

PSVita is an option, if you want nobody to play it. Vitas are actually really cool.
TheHockeyGamer
TheHockeyGamer

https://www.youtube.com/user/hardysforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 pm

TheHockeyGamer wrote:PSVita is an option, if you want nobody to play it. Vitas are actually really cool.
As far as I can tell, it's cheaper to develop on the 3DS as well.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  gekiganwing Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 am

Rainbow Wavedash wrote:I think visual novels need to be packaged [for] portable systems in the English market - something like a book they can read anywhere, rather than being tethered to a television in a living room where someone might be embarrassed to play it.

There are a number of programs which let people write e-books, so they can be read on tablets and e-readers. I don't know which ones make it easy to add illustrations, or make it easy to create branching narratives and choices leading to different endings.

VNs don't need to include drawings. The World to Reverse (content warning: unsettling), Digital: A Love Story, and One Week all have minimalist graphics. And of course, your VN can be about any topic. Be creative, and strive to write a story which isn't about a boy with two or more classmates who could be potential girlfriends.

This thread has gotten off-topic. Sorry.
gekiganwing
gekiganwing

Back to top Go down

Post  tokusentaianiki Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:53 am

on the subject of visual novels, has anyone had the chance to play dysfunctional systems: learning to manage chaos? i have some steam money left over and need a game to play for my channel and was wondering if this was worth getting
tokusentaianiki
tokusentaianiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:12 am

tokusentaianiki wrote:on the subject of visual novels, has anyone had the chance to play dysfunctional systems: learning to manage chaos? i have some steam money left over and  need a game to play for my channel and was wondering if this was worth getting
Dischan's work is basically required reading for anyone getting into VN development. Yeah. It's good. Short, but good.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  rinku Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:20 am

Katawa Shoujo because it's beautiful.
rinku
rinku

Back to top Go down

Post  stopreplay Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Grisaia no Kajitsu is my favorite. I only recently completed it and I really liked it. It is also going to get a anime adaptation coming out in the fall 2014. It is unlike any other VN I played/read in terms of production value and I am eagerly awaiting for the sequels to be translated.

I might be over hyping it but regardless I like it a lot.

Edit: Just some more info to peak your interest.
Watanabe Akio, designed the characters of the game. If you are familiar to anime he worked on the Monogatari series and The World God Only Knows anime.
Anime info: http://myanimelist.net/anime/17729/Grisaia_no_Kajitsu

As for why I liked it, I really liked the MC. He is a really strong competent character but still flawed, he tends to act like a jerk and is pretty sarcastic which I feels adds an element of humor.
I enjoyed the character interaction in the series and how the cast played off each other.
As for the story, the MC and the main girls suffers an emotional trauma from their past and are just trying to live their lives as normally as they can but the old wounds do re-open. I liked how a lot of the conflicts were pretty grand, even if some are a bit unrealistic.

stopreplay

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 pm

I really really need to finish Grisaia no Kajitsu. I'm enjoying it, but I actually think it had one of the weaker openings I've seen.
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3