Rosin Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

something I did while playing the demo

5 posters

Go down

something I did while playing the demo Empty something I did while playing the demo

Post  Ultima D Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Was read aloud in voices, that always help me get in to the stories I read, and I thought this game could use voice acting. I for one would love to play Thomas D. Stone or any other characters you would have me as.

"D! confidence!"

if you open auditions I will Audition for Tom and others.

Ultima D

Back to top Go down

something I did while playing the demo Empty Re: something I did while playing the demo

Post  JordyBoothy Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm not ecstatic over the idea of voices, but I do like to read aloud the dialogue too. It's fun to try and guess the context of the lines, before the aftermath where more detail is given "She said, giggling between words." If I read her line with giggles, then it's like a personal success and I feel an Oscar coming on.

JordyBoothy

Back to top Go down

something I did while playing the demo Empty Re: something I did while playing the demo

Post  BlueXcomet Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:55 am

I personally think it would be a good idea for there to be voice actors, though I think it should be optional not to ruin people who disagrees play through. I'd love to play it ones with and without voice acting Very Happy . though it may be difficult for them to find all the right voice actors.

BlueXcomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Wavedash Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:09 pm

I've said this before, but I haven't said it recently. The problem with voices is threefold.

First, there's a lot of dialogue, and voice actors and their editors are generally well paid for super tedious work. We don't have cash to pay a staff for that kind of thing and we'd never ask for a freebie like that.

Second, while Japanese voice acting generally sounds good, there's very few English VN vocal tracks that don't sound awful. This is likely because you're not used to picking out awkward delivery in a language you don't speak. Japanese VNs can also be massive productions with a huge budget and AAA actresses.

Lastly, and this applies specifically to us, trying to match voices to the show is difficult. Even with the help of a fandom voice team, the illusion breaks down the longer you listen to it. We've done some experimenting with shorter Zelda-esque voice clips, but you'll never see full voices for Starswirl.

Last edited by Rainbow Wavedash on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainbow Wavedash
Rainbow Wavedash
Producer
Producer

http://zap-apple.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowser Jr's Descendant Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:07 pm

I wouldn't mind short expression voice clips for the characters. Maybe even just a couple one liners. But I'll still be waiting for the full thing to come out.
Bowser Jr's Descendant
Bowser Jr's Descendant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down